[SDL] Kobo Deluxe sluggish?

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Thu Jul 4 09:39:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 04/07/2002 19:08:16 , Romi Kuntsman <romik12345 at lycos.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
>Note that I'm talkning off topic, not anything about Kobo Deluxe, but
>rather in general... :)
>Just couldn't help it when someone is talking about such high fps when
>actually drawing stuff... :)

Well, it's still very easy to get such frame rates in 320x240 on
all but the slowest PC's anyone is using today...

>GF3 is waaaaaaay better that Voodo3, and not only by being much faster,
>but also by supporting textures of over 256x256, multitexturing,
>bumpmapping, etc...

Yeah, but it doesn't help SDL 2D much. :-)

If the bus is faster, it *might* help a little, but in my
experience that doesn't make much of a difference either,
unless possibly if it's a switch from PCI to AGP.

//David

`-----> We Make Rheology Real