[SDL] Kobo Deluxe sluggish?

Romi Kuntsman romik12345 at lycos.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 09:09:00 PDT 2002

David Olofson wrote:

>On Thu, 04/07/2002 00:00:51 , Romi Kuntsman <romik12345 at lycos.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Aaaaaaahhhh.... 70+ fps.... that's what I get when I draw a big *empty*
>>black screen (so only some checks to eliminate objects outisde the view
>>but no actualy drawing) with my Vooodo3... :(((
>>
>>(damm I wanna GF3!!! waaaaaaaahhhhhh!)
>>

>Are you talking about OpenGL at 640x480 here...? If you're talking about software rendering (which I assume you are, since I think a V3 is at least as fast as a G400 MAX), I'm afraid a GF3 won't help.
>

>//David

Note that I'm talkning off topic, not anything about Kobo Deluxe, but
rather in general... :)
Just couldn't help it when someone is talking about such high fps when
actually drawing stuff... :)

GF3 is waaaaaaay better that Voodo3, and not only by being much faster,
but also by supporting textures of over 256x256, multitexturing,
bumpmapping, etc...

RK.