[SDL] Movable windows

draekko draekko at drakonis.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 3 18:42:01 PDT 2002

I have been banging my head on this one all day, and have not found any
easy answer.

Question : Is there an easy way to move a window around that was created
through SDL? For example when an app is windowed that it can
remember and reset itself to the same screen location when launched.

So far i have looked through the list archive from now back to january,
tried google, and finally look through the source and found that
SDL_VIDEO_CENTER environment var (which seems to only work for X11) sets
up a window so that it centers on the screen. But thats not quite what i
was hoping for :)

I also tried hacking SDL to a movewindow function, but my XLib
experience is very limited, in the end it didn't work out.

Any insight, clues, sample apps, links to documentation would be
appreciate.

Ben