[SDL] Tux Paint 2002.07.17

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 17 02:02:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 3/07/2002 11:43:26 , Andrew Straw <andrew.straw at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
[...multiwindow SDL...]
>Well, if I do the "hard" part of writing the code, you can do the
>ingenious part of adding it to the API! :)

I could try, I can't see any sensible way of doing it without adding one or two calls... :-)

>> That said, maybe the tiling stuff is handy enough to put in a separate
>> library, redesigned for cooperation with OpenGL code? (I think it's too
>> low level to be truly useful for that, but I might be missing
>> something.)
>
>Because nVidia's cards support 2048 pixel wide textures, I've been able
>to side-step this issue. But if such a library was just a download and
>compile away, I would surely try and use it.

BTW, how about a generic one that handles arbitrary triangles and quads in 3D as well? (Would have to do perspective correct transformations of texcoords and other fun stuff. :-)

//David

`-----> We Make Rheology Real