[SDL] Video with SDL/OpenGL

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Tue Jul 2 11:16:02 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 05:08:29PM +0200, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:
> It gets even worse.
> I've got an implementation on my laptop which is quite buggy (it advertises
> itself as being OpenGL 2.03.. go figure). TexSubImage only fails after the
> texture you're trying to access has been used in rendering at least once.
> This is an SiS on-board chip in a laptop BTW. My bug report seems to have
> been ignored completely :/

Ahh, I must personally thank SiS for being complete idiots then, and for
making my life just that much more enjoyable as an OpenGL developer.

I'll have to be sure to send them something nice for the holidays, like a
large cluebat or two (or ten..)  On second thought, why wait?  It's the
thought that counts.  =)

(FWIW, apparently SiS chipsets work with DarkPlaces, which does some very
interesting glTexSubImage2D stuff..)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>            No conceit in my family

* BenC wonders why he has upgraded to 3.3.5-1 before teh X maintainer