[SDL] Compiling with builder 5

Dominique Louis Dominique at SavageSoftware.com.au
Tue Jul 2 09:00:01 PDT 2002

Hola Manolo,
   I just had a quick look at the Builder files in BCB6 and I found that
the SDL.dll and SDLMain.lib projects are missing some projects options.
In the SDL.dll project you need the following conditional defines...
WIN32;BUILD_SDL;__FREEBCC__;ENABLE_WINDIB;ENABLE_DIRECTX;HAVE_ALLOCA=1;HAVE_OPENGL;NO_STRICT;_NO_VCL

In the SDLMain.lib project you need the following conditional defines...
_RTLDLL;NO_STRICT

With these changes all projects should compile.
2 of the demo projects do not have the correct path set but apart from
that all the demos I tested worked after the changes above.

The only downside is that the demos then require that you ship the
CBuilder created SDL.dll file, instead of the one that is created by Sam.

If you want to use the DLLs that Sam provides them you need to create a
CBuilder compliant lib by doing the following...
IMPLIB -a -c SDL.lib SDL.dll

Then you will be able to use Sam's DLLs if you include the IMPLIB
created lib file in your projects.

I hope this helps.

L8R,

Dominique.