[SDL] Problem in SDL_net docs + proposal for new functions

Jonathan Atkins jcatki at jcatki.no-ip.org
Tue Jul 2 04:20:01 PDT 2002

The SDL_net docs have been updated, and hopefully now reflect the true nature of how the TCP receive functionality works.

there's still a good question as to whether the SDL_net SDLNet_TCP_Recv implementation can hold up to all the possible interrupts and signals and such...
hopefully it just returns a -1 in all "odd" cases...even though that is not optimal perhaps...since we'd want it to recover if possible.
otherwise people will get partial packets, or other nonsense where they end up thinking the socket is invalid and that they should disconnect.

perhaps even SDL_mixer and SDL_net might have problems if used together...I dunno.

--
              -=<Long Island Man>=-
                    Jon Atkins