[SDL] stable SDL GUI

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Tue Jul 2 00:20:01 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:37:55PM -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > Does anybody know here some stable-complete gui to use with SDL?
>
> http://www.libsdl.org/libraries.php
>
> "ParaGUI" is one that gets a lot of discussion time around here and has
> several interesting features; there are others that are also quite good.

Note, ParaGUI doesn't work with OpenGL natively - it uses SDL_OPENGLBLIT.
I suggested that this would be the first thing I'd remove in favor of a
real OpenGL backend and was flamed.

If you're using software rendering only, it's pretty useful.  If you're
using OpenGL, it's completely useless.  You might be able to get it to
work with glSDL maybe, but in the end I think I'd rather see yet another
GUI project which supported both OpenGL and software rendering.  Such a
thing is on my todo list at some point.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>                Don't feed the sigs

<hop> when you start making only stupid mistakes that are obvious, thats
      when you start getting competent
<hop> because you don't make fundamental misunderstanding mistakes
<hop> and thats a *good* sign.