[SDL] HELP: SDL on iPAQ

John R. Hall overcode at overcode.net
Mon Jul 1 14:10:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:52:08PM -0400, Olivier Verscheure wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering if someone had successfully compiled SDL for the iPAQ (ARMS).
> Any help/pointer would be very much appreciated.
> Please let me know.

SDL does compile for ARM Linux. It worked on X11 immediately, and with
a bit of tweaking I obtained acceptable performance on the
framebuffer.

I had to set a LOT of environment variables and make some ugly hacks
to the configure script, however. But most of the SDL code worked fine.

-John

--
John R. Hall  -  KG4RUO  -  Stranded in the Sol System
Student, Georgia Tech; Author, Programming Linux Games