[SDL] Attach a DirectShow base video play to a SDL_surface

Maruri Leire LMaruri at ikerlan.es
Thu Jul 11 09:59:00 PDT 2002

Hi,
I'm using SDL library for an application in Windows (NT,2000,XP). I need to
play mpeg2 videos and smpeg library doesn't support mpeg2. Although i've
tried to use libmpeg2 (as some of told me), but it is not prepared for
Windows. I'm now thinking on using Microsoft DirectShow. I'm new in this
kind on programing, so I would like to know if it will be possible to attach
my video to the fullscreen SDL_Surface. If SDL is also based in DIrectX
shouldn't be any problem???
Thanks in advance

Leire