[SDL] Another SDL and LPGL licensing question

Bob Cober cplusplus at cox.net
Wed Jul 10 22:26:01 PDT 2002

I have another question about SDL that I would like clarified (sorry if this
seems obvious):

Does the source code of a game that is dynamically linked against the SDL
have to be released?

It appears that the answer is no from section 5:
5. A program that contains no derivative of any portion of the Library, but
is designed to work with the Library by being compiled or linked with it, is
called a "work that uses the Library". Such a work, in isolation, is not a
derivative work of the Library, and therefore falls outside the scope of
this License.

I just want to make sure that I understand the licensing.

Thanks for any input

Bob