[SDL] HW overlays

Birju Shah birju_shah0 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 14:53:01 PDT 2002

Hi I am trying to use HW_SURFACE to display some
video.  I have a GForce 2 GTS gfx card with the latest
nvidia drivers on a Red Hat 7.2 system.  This should
have HW overlay capabilites.  The hw_available flag in
the SDL_VideoInfo structure returned from
SDL_GetVideoInfo() is always set to 0. Do I need to
install something else to enable this capability?
When I call SetVideoMode with with either HW_SURFACE
or SW_SURFACE I see no difference in performance.
thanks for your help
birju