[SDL] A Quick libGL question..

Jason Farmer jason at cerebral-bicycle.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 04:57:00 PDT 2002

Hi everyone,
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I've tried to get this sorted out in a
number of places without any luck and I'm out of ideas.

here's the deal, When I try to run an OpenGL application (eg Quake2 with
OpenGL glx) they complain bitterly that libGL.so.1 could not be found yet the
file clearly exists on my system as a sym link in the usr/lib directory.
But it doesn't exist in the usr/X11R6 directory

The PC is a SuSE 8.0 Linux box , Recent install.

Here's the most important part...
When I try to compile sdl-1.2.4, one of the messages displayed by ./configure
is
checking for OpenGL (GLX) support... no

I can only assume that this is related.

Any help would be brilliant.