[SDL] towards the complete OpenSource gamedev 3D solution

Alexis adallemagne at tatm.com
Fri Jul 5 08:46:02 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I've been playing quite a lot with various API for 3D rendering, including
OpenGl and DirectX. I've heard of SDL some time ago but recently discovered
its capabilities and i've gotta say... i'm impressed ;-) I've always though
java only could lead to such compatibility. Anyway, i'm coding my little
scratchware (what is scratchware? ->
http://www.the-underdogs.org/scratch.php), and it's starting to need a 3D
engine. I would like to integrate SDL in this software with an OpenSource 3D
engine.

I've heard of Crystal Space and Genesis3D, are they that good? Do you have
any experice with another one? What do you suggest? Ok it's not opensource,
but does any of you has experience with garagegames.com and their offer
(Torque)?
Thx

Alex