[SDL] Legal issues again...

EvilTypeGuy drevil at warpcore.org
Fri Mar 9 07:02:57 PST 2001

On 2001.03.09 08:14:27 -0600 Aurelien Marchand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> suddently I had a flash today: SDL is under the GPL or the LGPL licence right?
Duh, yeah it's licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (v2 or newer)...

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html

> and the games like Heroes III, Civilization III etc etc developed by Loki are done with SDL right?
*knock* *knock*

> So according to the licence we should be able to access the source code for this programs.. right?
*errrrrnnnnn* wrong answer! Loki's games are dynamically linked with SDL/etc. which means that all they
have to provide is the source code for SDL if you want it.

> So, the big question: Can I receive the source code for some of those games? and who and where should I ask?
Right, and i'm Santa Claus... Read the answer to the question above.

-EvilTypeGuy