[SDL] Again fullscreen problem

Roger D. Vargas mad at pesca.esisc.colombus.cu
Tue Jan 30 05:08:21 PST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Sam Lantinga wrote:
> As people have said, you probably need to define the mode you want in your
> X config file.  If you can post more information on your platform and video
> configuration, as well as post a link to code and a screenshot, maybe we
> can help figure out what's going on.
This is my Screen section:

# The accelerated servers (S3, Mach32, Mach8, 8514, P9000, AGX, W32,
Mach64
# I128, and S3V)
Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Device      "S3 Inc.|86c764/765 [Trio32/64/64V+]"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8
        Modes       "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

This only allows a 640x480x8bpp. I have a S3 Trio with only 1Mb video RAM.
Is simply a problem of configuration, I don't know how to tell X server to
enable 640x480x16 and 800x600x16.

--
Roger D. Vargas            | "Humans have so many emotions, Artoo. And most
VQt Development Team       | seem to cause them pain. I do not understand,