[SDL] Possible patch for windows..

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Mon Jan 29 22:42:16 PST 2001

> Hi all!

>   There seems to be a bug in the windows message handling for both
> the dx5 and dib code.

There are three things happening.
First, SDLmain.lib contains a WinMain() which calls SDL_RegisterApp(),
setting things up, and then the driver creation code fills in the handler.
Second, it sounds like you just uncovered a bug which I thought was
taking place in the NT DLL code.  The handler should be set in the window
creation code, not the driver creation code.  I'll fix that now.
Third, you still need to call SDL_RegisterApp() from the main code and
not the DLL for DirectInput to initialize properly... I think...

> P.S.  We generally test our code under Linux, WinNT40, Win98, WinMe, Win2k.
> I'm hoping to add a Solaris and OS X test clients next month.  So cross
> compatability is very important to me :)

Great!  The more testing the better! :)

Thanks! :)
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software