[SDL] Trying to paint fullscreen

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Jan 26 06:36:55 PST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> I'm trying to paint the full screen in a 640x480x16 mode with the
> following code:
> ..
> But this only draws a square in the middle of the screen instead of
> starting at left upper corner. Where did I failed?
> I'm using SDL 1.1.4 and most of the code is taken from the few doc I have.

I guess that you are under X, aren't you? It seems that no fullscreen mode is
available (use SDL_ListModes to list the available modes!), so the mode you
reached is a 640x480 box centered in your current X video resolution, the
border are filled with black :). When my program is in fullscreen, it reaches
such a "alternate" fullscreen mode. I don't know why too. I don't know if it
depends on your current X resolution and depth, or to the video card, or.. or..

May be someone can tell us what is wrong about the availability of
REAL fullscreen modes under X?

Regards,

wwp