[SDL] undefined reference in libSDL.so

Joe MacDonald joe at deserted.net
Tue Jan 16 07:50:50 PST 2001

Oops, sorry about that.  The system is a modified Slackware 7.1.  Clean
install, migrated to 2.4.0-ac4 from a 2.2 series kernel plus all the
required package updates (binutils, util-linux, modutils and ppp).  I'm
using gcc-2.95.2, compiled from source, and Gnu Make 3.78.

The only other non-stock Slackware item is XFree, I've upgraded to
4.0.1e (I think that was the last one I checked out of CVS, from the
trunk about a week and a half ago now) from the DRI project's CVS tree.
I have the glide3x libraries and headers (definitely not the latest
versions there, though) for an AGP Voodoo3 2000 card.  DRI seems to be
running just fine with Q3A and CivCTP doesn't crash any more often than
it used to.  UT is giving me grief, but I gather that's my own fault for
moving to XFree 4.0, so I guess I'll live with it.

The hardware is an AMD-K6-2 450 with 168MB of RAM on a ~2gig parition
that is almost entirely empty.  In case it's relevant my sound card is
an authentic Creative Labs AWE 64 and it plays nicely with the OSS
drivers and esd.

As for the configure line, that's a bit more difficult.  I'm not
actually at my machine right now, but if I recall correctly I started
using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/encap/SDL-1.1.7 and failing that I
just did a ./configure.  I didn't see anything to turn off MMX code, but
maybe that's what I need to do.

Is there anything else you need to know?  I can't think of what else
might be relevant.

Thanks,
-Joe.

--