[SDL] Re: Shaped SDL window - more info

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at home.com
Tue Jan 23 10:12:24 PST 2001

> Hi!

> Sam Lantinga <slouken at devolution.com> wrote:
> > Here are the major changes since SDL 1.1.6:
> >     * Init of fbcon shouldn't automatically set graphics mode

> Do I interpret this right ?
> The don't-switch-graphic-mode-because-the-mode-is-already-running thing
> I noticed quite some time ago...

This is actually different.  Before, initializing fbcon video switched
the tty into graphics mode (different from fbcon mode switch), now it
only does that when a graphics mode is set.

> >My request is a
> >  screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(800, 600, 0, SDL_SWSURFACE|SDL_ANYFORMAT);
> >My console runs default 800x600 @ 100Hz.
> >Requesting 800x600 from SDL initiates a mode switch to 800x600 @ 72 Hz.
> >Why switch videomode when the one requested is already in use ?
> >(and losing precious 100Hz....)

> ... is gone ?
> I quite don't have enough time to build and try with 1.1.7 now...

Yes, this should be fixed too.  If it's not, please let me know.

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software