[SDL] Low hw framerates

Ryan Westphal ryanw at csh.rit.edu
Tue Jan 9 16:57:36 PST 2001

This has probably been asked a bunch of times before but here it goes:

I have a simple app blitting two sprites to a 640x480x16 display.  In
windowed mode it runs on a software surface (even though i try to set it
to a hwsurface) but get ~120fps.  Running fullscreen, it has a hardware
surface bug gets only 74 fps.  Is this normal?  All sprites have been
converted with DisplayFormat().

also, is there a more code oriented faq around.  the doc project is nice
but it's only api.  We should put a bunch of old answered messageboard
questions in some searchable database.

thanks,
ryan