[SDL] Double buffering in windowed and fullscreen modes

Tyler Montbriand tsm at accesscomm.ca
Fri Aug 31 08:30:01 PDT 2001

Pete Shinners wrote:

> i'm guessing you're running windows? in any event SDL doesn't
> do hardware surfaces for windowed displays. :[
> what resolution are you running at?

No hardware acceleration for windowed surfaces?  Will this be fixed in
SDL1.3?

1280*960*16bpp, though the res doesn't seem to matter; windowed, I
always get a uniformly bad 50fps.  At fullscreen it maxes out at my
monitor's refresh rate of 85Hz, even though each SDL_FillRect() takes a
full two milliseconds for some reason.  SDL claims that colorfills are
hardware accelerated with my card, yet...