[SDL] WinCE compiling error

Lutz Sammer johns98 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 29 16:48:00 PDT 2001

Sam Lantinga wrote:

> > I got an error compiling SDL 1.2.2 for WinCE.
>
> Thanks for the patch!  It's now in CVS.

Compiles now out of the box.

> > After fixing this, I got linking errors:
>
> > Linking...
> >    Creating library MIPSDbg/SDL.lib and object MIPSDbg/SDL.exp
> > SDL.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SDL_getenv referenced in fun
> > ction SDL_InitSubSystem
> > SDL_error.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol SDL_getenv
> > SDL_sysevents.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SDL_getenv referen
> > ced in function WinMessage
> > SDL_yuv.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol SDL_getenv
> > SDL_cdrom.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SDL_SYS_CDInit referen
> > ced in function SDL_CDROMInit
> > SDL_cdrom.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol SDL_SYS_CDQuit referen
> > ced in function SDL_CDROMQuit
> > MIPSDbg/SDL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
> > Error executing link.exe.
>
> > Should I look or it is already known and solved?
>
> It sounds like the project is missing some files.  Are you still having
> this problem?  If not, what was the fix?

I could tested it now again. I have download the project files from
http://www.libsdl.org/cvs/WinCE-SDL.zip.

I have added to the file src/SDL_getenv.c to the project files and
removed src/cdrom/SDL_syscdrom.c. Today I must also add the
src/events/SDL_expose.c to the files.

SDL.lib is now compiled, what I'm missing is SDLmain.lib, I tryed to
build it self, but this click and searching is nothing for me,
I will try it the next time again.

Bye,
Johns
--
Become famous, earn no money, create music or graphics for FreeCraft
http://FreeCraft.Org        - A free real-time strategy game engine