1.3 proposals (was: Re: [SDL] LoadLibrary analogous function?)

Samuel Hart criswell at geekcomix.com
Wed Aug 29 13:38:01 PDT 2001

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 12:24pm, winterlion wrote:
> What I'd -like- to see is full internationalization on what platforms
> support it - so that eg. Japanese/Chinese/... data entry works.  I'm not
> holding my breath though so I'm trying to figure out how to implement it
> myself.  Most games won't need this feature and since SDL is primarily
> still targetted towards game devel...

I'll admit that most SDL apps wont need this feature.... but I feel that
enough of them do to make it important.

(Tux Typing, for example, /really/ needs this due to some
internationalization issues we've recently run into ;-)

> I'd love to see audio recording capabilities

Yeah, you're not alone ;-)

Actually, we were talking about this very thing for 1.3 a while ago (good
luck trying to find the original thread, cuz I can't ;-). Sam Lantinga said
that he wanted to try to add this support.

Hopefully, that's still the plan ;-)

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <criswell at geekcomix.com> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >