[SDL] LoadLibrary analogous function? -> 1.3 API?

winterlion winterlion at fsj.net
Wed Aug 29 00:30:59 PDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Standa Opichal wrote:

[clip]
> > Sorry if this already figures somewhere else, but where is the 1.3 API
> > supposed to be discussed? This list? I'm looking forward for it and
> > would be pleased to add my 2 cents, provided there is room for it.
>
> Yes, is there any other forum to discuss the API changes needed? I have
> also some experiences with SDL (I'm writing an emulator) that should
> change in the future.

I'm going to guess that ideas are being taken down and once those who
designed the (1.2-) APIs have a concrete idea of what's in mind, they'll
open discussion.   I've been looking forward to this for -ages- :)

I'm looking forward to "SDL preference" support myself - things like
preferred videodrivers, audio, and such.  (my case: X -> FBcon -> svgalib;
I run all at some point or another, but svgalib is less stable for me than
FBcon and I don't think this is true for others)
this is from a -much- older thread...

also I know that multihead / multiwindow support is intended and one is
curious of what form that would take...  (I can think of a few ways but on
a multithreaded platform all of them look complicated)

Anyhow, all I can think of is keep coming up with ideas and thinking about
them, and when you're solid of what form they should take post them onto
the list...  even if there's no answer, it's probably being remembered in
planning.  Just try to keep it within reason *g*...

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis

PS: now to find a way to debug GNU/assembly videocode...  printfs don't
work *silly grin*...