[SDL] XKobo - update 3

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Tue Aug 28 10:44:01 PDT 2001

I got a reply from Akira Higuchi today! :-)

He finds the idea of an SDL port with sound effects and other
enhancements interesting. No statement on name, version, maintainer etc
regarding the port and continued development yet.

Meanwhile, my SDL port is about 75% done.

The graphics engine works (tested separately), but it's not fully
connected to the game yet. Sound (fx + original code by Izumo) works, but
uses my own OSS "wrapper" and pthreads. Porting to SDL audio should be
trivial. Keyboard input works.

As soon as I get an official statement from the old maintainer, there
will be a web site with an initial release.

//David Olofson --- Programmer, Reologica Instruments AB