[SDL] More problems

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at debian.org
Mon Aug 27 16:47:01 PDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 02:44:28PM -0700, Samuel Hart wrote:
> > Because I couldn't compile, I installed the rpms, now I get this:
> >
> > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux/2.96/../../../libSDL.so: undefined
> > reference to `pthread_create'
>
> Not sure if anyone ever responded to this, but it looks like you are missing
> the pthreads library. I'm actually shocked, I didn't think there were any
> RPM-based distros anymore that shiped without libpthreads ;-)

Remember the standard installation instructions for most RPMs you find out
there on the net involve forced ignore all dependencies, which kinda
defeats the purpose of a package manager but whatever...  I'm sure it's
there.  Installed by default is another question though.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at debian.org>                 Free software developer

<jt> should a bug be marked critical if it only affects one arch?
<james-workaway> jt: rc for that arch maybe, but those kind of arch
                 specific bugs are rare...
<jt> not when it's caused by a bug in gcc
<doogie> jt: get gcc removed from that arch. :)