[SDL] LoadLibrary analogous function?

Brian Sea sea at umr.edu
Mon Aug 27 08:10:01 PDT 2001

> Does SDL provide this functionality?  Do operating systems other than
> Windows provide this functionality, for that matter (if SDL does not have
> it, but you know the appropriate Linux functions, I'd appreciate that, too).

  SDL by itself does not implement cross-platform DSO (Dynamic Shared
Objects), though it is planned for SDL 1.3.  In the mean time, you do
have a few options.
	1) Import code for PLib: plib.sourceforge.net (C++)
	2) Use a C cross platform toolkit.  GTK+ and NSPR come to mind.

The Linux equivelents are:
	dlopen(), dlclose(), dlsym().

These work on most UNIX systems.

Hope this helps,