[SDL] Xlib: unexpected async reply

Erik Greenwald erik at math.smsu.edu
Sun Aug 26 14:26:01 PDT 2001

> I"ve seached all the sdl list archives and haven't found a clear
> sollution.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers on how to find what's causing
> " Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x604)! " error in my program??

I had something similar in one of my progreams, the reason was a timer
was sometimes going off while the 'main' loop was doing stuff to the
display surface. It was a result of code that wasn't threadsafe being
run by hidden threads :/ I'd look for any threads or timers that might
try to screw with your gfx procedures at the same time as your real
display stuff.

        -Erik <erik at smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.