[SDL] Keyboard Events w/ Linux Framebuffer

Alexandre Courbot alexandrecourbot at linuxgames.com
Fri Aug 24 03:54:01 PDT 2001

On 24 Aug 2001 06:23:25 -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> I get a key event, the loop ends, and since we didn't call SDL_Quit(), the
> framebuffer is left in an unpredictable state (video apparently frozen,
> input definitely frozen). When I call SDL_Quit() before returning from
> main(), SDL cleans up correctly and the system continues to work. This, as
> far as I'm concerned, makes it either a bug in fbcon (if users can hijack
> the console), or just an unfortunate design choice on fbcon's part. Either
> way, it's not SDL's fault.

Ooops. I forget SDL_Quit, yeah. I probably made you hard-rebooting, my
apologies for that.

> Was this the problem, or are you not even getting key events in the first
> place? I'm not using the latest CVS of SDL, so it might be a newer bug
> than my codebase has. Let me know.

Actually, I don't even get the key events in the program loop. That is,
even with SDL_Quit, I CAN'T quit the program because the keyboard is
totally stuck. The screen is properly updated on the other hand, this
proves the program doesn't crash. As others fb applications does work
properly, I think the bug isn't related to the framebuffer code (unless
there are different ways to get the input from the fb console).

Alex.