[SDL] very precise control of display timing

Mattias Engdegård f91-men at nada.kth.se
Fri Aug 24 03:07:02 PDT 2001

Pallier Christophe <pallier at lscp.ehess.fr> wrote:

>Finally, I am using sdl-1.2 where SDL_GetTicks() relies on
>gettimeofday() in the linux implementation. Is it still the same code
>in sdl-1.3? Are there any critical differences regarding timing
>between sdl-1.2 and sdl-1.3?

there is no compelling reason not to use gettimeofday() for implementing
SDL_GetTicks(), and for your application (measuring human response time
in some context) I would be quite surprised if you could show that 1/1000 s
timing resolution isn't sufficient. For gaming purposes it never is

>Lastly, is there a search interface to the sdl mailing list?

not yet but try using a standard web search service with answers restricted
to the list archive (it might work)