[SDL] Keyboard Events w/ Linux Framebuffer

Alexandre Courbot alexandrecourbot at linuxgames.com
Fri Aug 24 02:35:01 PDT 2001

On 24 Aug 2001 04:36:24 -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> > I face similar problems. When I use the fbcon target video and audio are
> > processed correctly. But input (keyboard/mouse) doesn't work at all,
> > even console switching or kernel SysReq keys. Others applications that
> > use framebuffer seems to work though (I've been successfull with mplayer
> > at least), so this may be a bug in SDL input code? I'm using SDL 1.2.2
> > on a Linux 2.4.2 kernel with a Voodoo 3 card.
>
> I just started paying attention to this thread, so sorry if this is a
> repeat request. Can someone send me a minimal example program so I can
> look into this?

As it is really simple, I've attached it to this mail. The program
simply fills the screen with a cycling color, to make sure the program
hasn't crashed, and exits once you press any key. It runs successfully
with x11 and svgalib targets, but with fbcon target the input doesn't
work. Even the NumLock key. I simply have to hard-reboot my machine to
get out of it :(

Hope this will help!
Alex.