[SDL] Weird surface behavior

Ti Leggett leggett at eecs.tulane.edu
Wed Aug 22 07:52:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Johann Deneux wrote:

> Are you sure there is data at color_p[pos] ? If the size of a pixel stored
> surface->pixels is smaller than 32 bits, this instruction is not valid.

I assume there should be data throughout the whole surface of color_map
since the complete image is a filled graphic. I've tried uchar, uint8,
uint16, and uint32. The first three don't segfault, but they don't show
the complete image either. I thought (I'm still doing it) that since these
are 24bit images they are stored in 32 bits, but it's highly probable I'm
wrong. I'm testing out the printf removal right now, but I get like 1
frame / 17 secs due to having to run the program from my home machine
(don't ask)...