[SDL] XKobo - update 2

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Mon Aug 20 04:04:02 PDT 2001

On Saturday 18 August 2001 15:31, Dominique Louis wrote:
> David Olofson wrote:
> > which is about the original DOS version. Note that you probably have
> > to apply that Borland Pascal 7.0 RTL patch to run it on anything
> > faster than some 200 MHz. (I don't think the binary is patched.)
>
> Doh! I can't even get it to execute on Windows 2000 pro. Maybe this has
> something to do with my 800Mhz CPU :(.

The RTL bug makes the program terminate saying something like "runtime
error 201".

However, when using WinNT or Win2k for something like this, you also have
to make sure that you're running the program as Administator (or other
user with direct hardware access rights), or the graphics and sound can't
work. (The game sets up the screen in a 320x232x256 Mode-X resolution,
and then uses hardware scrolling - both require directly touching the VGA
registers.)

> Is that patch a Runtime patch or a compile time patch?

It's a runtime patch.

//David Olofson --- Programmer, Reologica Instruments AB