[SDL] XKobo?

Thomas Lund thomas at trylleskoven.dk
Sat Aug 18 07:05:01 PDT 2001

On 16 Aug 2001 23:20:07 +0200, David Olofson wrote:
> On Thursday 16 August 2001 21:58, Thomas Lund wrote:
> > Yeah!
> >
> > I had the same idea since xkobo is a fantastic game. I tried to contact
> > the author approx 4 month ago, but no luck at all.
>
> Ok... I didn't get a bounce, but no reply either. He's probably not using
> that account these days.

Same here - sent a couple of mails to him, but no reply or bounce -
nothing.

But hey - the code is free to use, so lets port it!

> > I started the port, but did not get far (ran out of time).
>
> Do you have any code? Any major gotchas?

Nah - I did the "lets do it all at one time" trick and died with nothing
finished. Implementing stuff while porting and adding sound, new
graphics, cleaning up the code to my own liking etc. Typical programmer
mistakes :-)

> > If you want
> > I can help if you have time to drive the project.
>
> I don't know about time... *heh* But then again, the game is already
> running, and doesn't seem to have too heavy dependencies on non-portable
> stuff. A quick 1:1 port shouldn't be too much work - it's probably the
> adding of sound effects and stuff that might take some time.

Time - yeah. Always the problem. If we give it a shot then the roadmap
should definitely be
1) Get the game ported as is
2) Clean up code to our liking/style
3) Add stuff like sound, new gfx, new levels

> Anyway, I'll have a closer look at the code and report back.

OK - will do the same.

Maybe we should move this off the SDL list?!?!?!?! Getting slightly off
topic