[SDL] XKobo - update 2

David Olofson david.olofson at reologica.se
Fri Aug 17 15:53:01 PDT 2001

On Saturday 18 August 2001 00:14, Dominique Louis wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David Olofson wrote:
> > (Meanwhile, I'm just doing it the other way around with Project
> > Spitfire.
> >
> > :-)
>
> Can I ask what Project Spitfire is? Do you have a link handy?

Hmm... Well, the only trace left on the web is the very old page at

	http://home.swipnet.se/~w-58984/psf_e.html

which is about the original DOS version. Note that you probably have to
apply that Borland Pascal 7.0 RTL patch to run it on anything faster than
some 200 MHz. (I don't think the binary is patched.)

(Note that most modern video cards don't handle the original VGA hardware
scrolling feature too well. On a *real* VGA card, the game scrolls at a
rock solid, perfectly smooth 60 Hz.)

In short, it's a sideways scrolling shooter inspired by Project-X,
Armalyte, Salamander and that kind of games. (I'm probably going to make
the gameplay of the new version more aggressive, in a Doom kind of way...
Bumping against walls, health points, some "immediate impact" weapons
etc.)

//David Olofson --- Programmer, Reologica Instruments AB