[SDL] "explosions" demo

William Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Aug 16 10:18:00 PDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 08:50:45AM +0200, herwig schwantzer wrote:

> 16, actually.
>
> ok, i forgot to mention, that, when i launch ./parachute,

You mean "./explosions" I think. ;)

> i get a little window, bout 150x150 (guessing - let's put it like this:
> it's very small on my 1600x1200 screen), which disappears again
> within a quarter of a second. *shrug*

Yes... the window is very small.  If you combine numerous effects, the
FPS drops pretty dramatically at larger resolutions (depending on the
speed of your CPU... let's put it like this: my overclocked-to-450Mhz Celeron
can't keep up at 320x240 with some of the more CPU-intensive effects going
on)

-bill!