[SDL] Sam's new job at Blizzard

kevin at ank.com kevin at ank.com
Fri Aug 3 14:13:00 PDT 2001

How in the world can it be a matter of common decency to avoid discussing
where someone works.  Unless you consider Blizzard the same as the sex
industry that is.

I think it is bizarre that people on the list are being so touchy about
it.  If Sam hadn't wanted people to know where he was working there are
numerous free email drop boxes he could have used to hide his identity.

The thing about online communities that are working is that (a) people
care about each other, and (b) they care about their project.  Talking
about someone's job seems like it affects both.  When you should start
getting worried is when no one gives a shit.

Cheers,
-kls