[SDL] Dreamcast Coding with SDL

Samuel Hart criswell at geekcomix.com
Thu Aug 2 15:26:00 PDT 2001

On Thursday 02 August 2001 09:24pm, Benjamin Joel Stover wrote:
> > Is it possible to use SDL for DC Coding ( is there a LINUX for DC ) ???
> > Does anybody use it ??? Is it fully functional ??
>
> Well there are some GNU tools out for the DC.  I don't think they use SDL,
> but I'm sure a port could be made or something.  Here's a link to something
> you might find useful:
>
> http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/hbdc1/

There's also:
http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh/dreamcast/

They have a fully functional Linux port to the Dreamcast, and even have a
screenshot of playing PrBoom (DOOM port which uses SDL) on the DC. You can
see this here:
http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh/images/lwe05.jpg

There also used to be this site:
http://mc.pp.se/dc/

which had tons of DC GCC and Linux links and tutorials, but they don't seem
to be up at the moment.

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <criswell at geekcomix.com> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >