[SDL] Is there any support for force feedback devices?

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Wed Aug 1 06:27:00 PDT 2001

> Force Feedback in SDL would be a wrapper over DirectX that we may or may
> not be redesigning as Linux drivers do or do not show up. We'll most
> likely never see the drivers for MacOS or BeOS in the first place.

However, we may play with the API a bit as we work on SDL 1.3
If the Linux driver is robust enough, stable enough, and supports enough
hardware, then we may consider developing an API that works on Linux and
Windows.  I believe MacOS classic had some sort of force feedback support
in InputSprockets, but I'm not sure.

Disclaimer: this is not a promise that SDL will support force-feedback.
Your best bet at this point is to write the code yourself and make valuable
suggestions on real-world experiences to the SDL development list.

chicken <--> egg? :)

See ya,