[SDL] Is there any support for force feedback devices?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Aug 1 04:58:01 PDT 2001

> According to the same logic if we cannot support OpenGL on all platforms we
> shouldn't have API support for it under any platform. Just make it clear
> that all platforms cannot support this yet. If SDL supports at least Windows
> and Linux I think majority of SDL users are happy for now.

Linux, BeOS, Windows, and MacOS all support OpenGL. OpenGL is standardized
and robust and working as an API.

Force Feedback in SDL would be a wrapper over DirectX that we may or may
not be redesigning as Linux drivers do or do not show up. We'll most
likely never see the drivers for MacOS or BeOS in the first place.

Thank you, drive through.

--ryan.