reRE: [OT] RE: [SDL] Windows version...

Dominique Biesmans Dominique.Biesmans at Telepolis.Antwerpen.be
Wed Aug 8 04:31:01 PDT 2001

actually

100% faster = + 100%, means it runs at 200% of the original speed = twice as
fast
1000% faster = runs at 1100% of the original speed = 11 times as fast

But, To stay on topic, I think compiling SDL with an optimizing compiler
could be interesting, especially for the software blitters (unless they're
allready hand-optimized in assembler of course. I'm not sure about this,
because I can compile SDL in VC++ without NASM installed, I guess there are
ASM & C versions). I, myself, am quite a c++-ist, so VectorC (C only)
wouldn't be of much use for me.