[SDL] no shadow surface on OS 9.1?

jam tigital at mail.sdf.bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 4 14:10:00 PDT 2001

ok,

I'm getting really frustrated with SDL 1.21 on MacOS 9.1...especially
since I've heard nothing back on my last query regarding the
availability(or not) of GL_GetAttribute under same OS...

my latest error comes from trying to run the "demo" fire:  after the
following code at start up:

videoflags = SDL_SWSURFACE|SDL_FULLSCREEN|SDL_HWPALETTE;

thescreen = SDL_SetVideoMode(XSIZE, YSIZE, 8, videoflags);
if ( thescreen == NULL )
{
	fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't set display mode: %s\n",
		SDL_GetError());
	SDL_Quit();
	exit(5);
}

...the program exits and outputs to file the following:

Couldn't set display mode: Couldn't create shadow surface

I've tried to find out what a "shadow surface" is, but haven't found
it yet...I tried to compile with #define HAVE_OPENGL, but that didn't
help...

anyone?