[SDL] shared libraries

Guido Draheim guidod-2001q3 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 1 02:31:00 PDT 2001

Brian Sea wrote:

> 1.  Cross platform shared library support? If it's bad, I might write
> something up.

everything that libtool can. see http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool and
it's http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Tested%20platforms

Note that SDL ships with a patched libtool (1.3.5) - Sam's win32
patches  were later integrated into libtool (and I'm fixing the crossgcc
bugs in libtool 1.4 now...) It's not that bad, but if you have some
experience we'd welcome your help - the current libtool-1.4b has seen
some changes to support other languages/compilers (than C/gcc) better
than before but at the same time it broke in some other places - and
therefore, if you sharedlib knowledge goes beyond C/gcc then I can
only hope to see you on the show. ;-)