[SDL] Multiple SDL Windows again...

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Sat Apr 28 08:42:09 PDT 2001

> But is the solution I'm talking about "accepted"
> as something worthy to be put into the official
> releases? Sam?

SDL will never be designed to function as a UI toolkit.  The multiple
window support will be designed for the general multi-head case.
However, SDL does and will integrate with other GUI toolkits, like
GTk and Qt, which provide the kind of functionality you desire.

You are welcome to hack the support you want into SDL and distribute
the modified version with your program.  If it works well, I'll look
at it when implementing multi-window support in SDL 1.3.

See ya,
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software