[SDL] Re: SDL Crashes in SDL_BlitSurface

PeZ feckelburger at gmx.net
Sat Apr 28 01:47:26 PDT 2001

> Sounds like a bad pointer somewhere.  They are generally almost always the
> toughest bugs to fix because you see symptoms of it in unrelated places,
and
> that's what I'm guess is happening here.  Best protection against these
sorts
> of problems is very liberal use of assertions.  Good luck tracking it
down.

it sounds like..... but in my small app i dont use so much pointers ......
It crashes only in FULLSCREEN..... "windowed mode"-- No Problem..

ex code:  (this lays in my main loop)
::the crash last time occurs in  >>>
in my debug.txt it say "start bg" in the last line.......

printf("start bg\n");
SDL_mutexP(Letter_animations_mutex);
>>> SDL_BlitSurface(bg,NULL,Bildschirm,NULL);
SDL_mutexV(Letter_animations_mutex);
printf("thru bg\n");
printf("start char_layer\n");
SDL_mutexP(Letter_animations_mutex);
SDL_BlitSurface(char_layer,NULL,Bildschirm,NULL);
SDL_mutexV(Letter_animations_mutex);
printf("thru char_layer\n");