[SDL] SDL_ttf 2.0.1 BETA

Kisai kisai_z at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 09:09:04 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sdl at lokigames.com [mailto:owner-sdl at lokigames.com]On Behalf
Of Kisai
Sent: April 16, 2001 10:05 PM
To: sdl at lokigames.com
Subject: RE: [SDL] SDL_ttf 2.0.1 BETA

>This is looking pretty good.  Can anybody who uses SDL_ttf take a look at
>the new library based on FreeType 2.0 and see if this works well for them?
>http://www.libsdl.org/cvs/SDL_ttf-2.0.1.tar.gz

I think I may have found another bug in it.
The blended functions are endian-dependant (They seem to be using
big-endian) where it's creating a surface with the red and blue swapped on
little-endian machines.

IMO, SDL needs a way to dump 32bpp images, it has saveBMP, maybe it should
have saveTGA or savePNG ? I'm trying to figure out why the blended images
from this, and even another blended image doesn't appear to blit to a larger
software suface (not display surface.) However blitting a 8-bit or 24-bit
(no alpha) image to the 32bpp surface does what I want it to. When I use the
alpha blended images and dump the before and after surfaces with saveBMP,
the before surface has the image, the after surface is just black.

--
Kris Hadikin