[SDL] Q: Win32 link error _WinMainCRTStartup...

Jason Hoffoss jhoffoss at smartshop.com
Thu Apr 19 12:18:05 PDT 2001

Then in those applications, you have defined WinMain() somewhere.  A console
application uses the traditional C main() function, but when it comes to
Win32 applications, Microsoft decided to be clever or whatever, and used
WinMain() instead of main().  Part of their need to always be different I
guess.  In any case, if you make a Win32 application, you have to have a
WinMain() function or else you will get link errors about it being missing,
and that is EXACTLY the error message you are getting.

Try this if you don't believe me.  Make a new Win32 project, and then search
all these default files it created for you for WinMain().  Then try removing
that function and compiling.  You should get the same error message.