[SDL] Solaris and SDL

Salman ssheikh at mitras.net
Wed Apr 18 08:32:32 PDT 2001

Mattias Engdegård wrote:

> >Here is my output from xdpyinfo. I don't know how to to what you said in the
> >paragraph about compiling with breakpoint, etc.
>
> The xdpyinfo output looks exactly as expected. Make sure that the X11
> driver was properly built (look at the output from the configure script).
>
> Easiest is probably if you find an IRC client and join the #sdl channel at
> irc.openprojects.net; there you will find people who can hand-hold you
> to find the problem.
>
> Otherwise, try the following: make sure you have gdb installed.
> Go the the sdl test directory and say
>
>   gdb testsprite
>
> and then, when gdb has started,
>
>   b main
>   run
>
> gdb will then stop at the beginning of your program. Now say
>
>   b X11_Available
>   b X11_CreateDevice
>
> Assuming gdb accepts these commands, say "continue". Hopefully gdb will
> stop inside the library in either of these functions. Then type "finish",
> possibly several times, until the program exits. Please mail me a
> transcript of the entire gdb session.

magoo(/folks/salman/SDL-1.2.0/test)176: gdb testsprite
GNU gdb 5.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...
Breakpoint 1 at 0x114f4: file testsprite.c, line 140.
(gdb) quit
magoo(/folks/salman/SDL-1.2.0/test)177: gdb testgamma
GNU gdb 5.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1109c: file testgamma.c, line 79.
(gdb) b main
Note: breakpoint 1 also set at pc 0x1109c.
Breakpoint 2 at 0x1109c: file testgamma.c, line 79.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /folks/salman/SDL-1.2.0/test/testgamma
[New LWP 1]
[New LWP 2]
[New LWP 3]

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xefffea84) at testgamma.c:79
79              argv += get_video_args(argv, &w, &h, &bpp, &flags);
(gdb) b X11_Available
Function "X11_Available" not defined.
(gdb) b X11_CreateDevice
Function "X11_CreateDevice" not defined.
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb) finish
The program is not running.
(gdb) quit