[SDL] Solaris and SDL

Salman ssheikh at mitras.net
Wed Apr 18 06:41:31 PDT 2001

Mattias Engdegård wrote:

> >I get the following error:
> >
> >./testgamma
> >
> >Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device
> >
> >I have an Elite 3D card with the machine.  I am running the CDE desktop.
>
> with that hardware there shouldn't be any problem (but please send me
> the output of xdpyinfo just in case).
>
> Compile with debugging (which should be the default), set a breakpoint in
> SDL_VideoInit(), X11_Available(), and X11_CreateDevice() and see what
> happens when you step through those functions. Tell me if you need more help

Here is my output from xdpyinfo. I don't know how to to what you said in the
paragraph about compiling with breakpoint, etc.

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
vendor release number:    3600
maximum request size:  262140 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, MSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    MSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    3
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 132
focus:  window 0x440002d, revert to PointerRoot
number of extensions:    21
    AccessX
    Adobe-DPS-Extension
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    DPSExtension
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    Multi-Buffering
    SHAPE
    SUN_ALLPLANES
    SUN_DGA
    SUN_OVL
    SUN_SME
    SYNC
    SolarisIA
    X3D-PEX
    XC-MISC
    XIE
    XInputDeviceEvents
    XInputExtension
    XTEST
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (361x288 millimeters)
  resolution:    90x90 dots per inch
  depths (3):    1, 8, 24
  root window id:    0x37
  depth of root window:    8 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 5
  default colormap:    0x34
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 1, white 0
  largest cursor:    64x64
  current input event mask:    0x78003f
    KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           ButtonPressMask
    ButtonReleaseMask        EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask
    SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask FocusChangeMask
    PropertyChangeMask
  number of visuals:    16
  default visual id:  0x20
  visual:
    visual id:    0x20
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x21
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x22
    class:    StaticColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x7, 0x38, 0xc0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    StaticGray
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x24
    class:    GrayScale
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x25
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0x7, 0x38, 0xc0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x26
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0x7, 0x38, 0xc0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x27
    class:    StaticGray
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2e
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2f
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    255
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x28
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x29
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2a
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2b
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2c
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2d